I’m Debra, a writer based in Los Angeles but originally from Chicago. My opinion, food, fashion and lifestyle articles have been featured in the New York Post (August 09), CS and Front Desk Magazines in Chicago, the Sunday magazine of the New Zealand Herald, and the Daily News here in LA, among others.
I’ve done advertising copywriting, speechwriting, screenwriting and even the True Value Hardware janitors’ catalog, wherein I made urinal cakes leap off the page with my enticing, engaging descriptions. I will write for anyone or anything who will pay me. I am the whore of the written word.
Here are some other titles I’ve held in addition to writer:
- Disco dancer (Rhodes, Greece)
- Receptionist (Dublin, Ireland)
- Nanny (London, England)
- Hostel warden (Killarney, Ireland)
- Movie ticket taker (Oak Brook, IL)
- German Beer Garden Beerfrau (Westmont, IL)
- 6th grade teacher (Chicago, IL)
- Commercial actress (Los Angeles, CA)
- Second City graduate (Chicago, IL)
- Air hockey champion (my sister’s basement)
So now you know a little about me. I’d love to hear all about you. (You, you, YOU!) Drop me a line at debrachicago(at)hotmail(dot)com.